You can nominate another person to act on your behalf by using a power of attorney form. This is a legal document where you, as the principal, can appoint another person, called an agent, to conduct a wide range of business affairs for you. Although completing this process is simple―you have to obtain a form, fill it out, and sign it along with two witnesses or a notary public―you must exercise caution. Potentially, your agent will have a lot of power over your property, and can do things like withdrawing money from your bank accounts. Thus, you must be sure you choose an agent you have a great deal of trust in. It is also important to make sure the agent is willing to act on your behalf, and is competent at managing money. If you wish to read more about specific laws in New Hampshire you may view Chapter 506 of the State Statutes.